[tuhopuu-devel] Submitting a patch, and library dependencies

Chris Want tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Tue, 11 May 2004 08:30:54 -0600

Hi Paul,

> I am preparing to submit a patch to Tuhopuu to support Aqsis (Renderman). I
> have the code almost ready, one quick question, presumably the correct
> approach is to make sure I checkout the latest source and then submit the
> patch against that?

Yes, that's right ... otherwise the patch might fail.

> Another issue is that this patch adds a new library requirement, namely the
> Aqsis libri2rib RIB output library. Aqsis is an Open Source tool that I run,
> and I am more than happy to have the binary lib put into the libs module for
> Windows, but what is the best way to cover the dependency under other OS's?
> I have tried to make it so that the whole feature can be disabled with a
> single #define, so that if people don't want it they don't need to worry
> about the dependency.

I think the best approach is to submit the windows lib, and
let the other platforms sort things out themselves. The
single #define will be useful as other platforms work towards
getting thier libs together.

> Should I submit the lib additions for Windows with the patch?

Sure.

Regards,
Chris