[tuhopuu-devel] Submitting a patch, and library dependencies

Paul Gregory tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Tue, 11 May 2004 07:23:18 +0100

Hi,

I am preparing to submit a patch to Tuhopuu to support Aqsis (Renderman). I
have the code almost ready, one quick question, presumably the correct
approach is to make sure I checkout the latest source and then submit the
patch against that?

Another issue is that this patch adds a new library requirement, namely the
Aqsis libri2rib RIB output library. Aqsis is an Open Source tool that I run,
and I am more than happy to have the binary lib put into the libs module for
Windows, but what is the best way to cover the dependency under other OS's?
I have tried to make it so that the whole feature can be disabled with a
single #define, so that if people don't want it they don't need to worry
about the dependency.

Should I submit the lib additions for Windows with the patch?

Cheers

PaulG

| email: pgregory@aqsis.com | Web: http://www.aqsis.com |
| ICQ:   156088409          | AIM: aqsis1               |
| GnuPG: http://aqsis.sourceforge.net/0x9176E46C.asc    |