[tuhopuu-devel] Building SOLID & the game engine.

Chris Want tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:32:36 -0700

Hi Kester,

Unfortunately, solid is impossible to build using
autoconf under windows gcc. This is because cygwin is
such an ugly mutt, and autoconf tries to build
the library to depend on cygwin being installed.
I don't know why the author bothered with autoconf,
as solid seems to have no lib dependencies (with the
exception of qhull). But anyways ...

I built my own makefile for solid that looks something
like this:

http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/lib/windows/gcc/solid/lib/Makefile?rev=HEAD&cvsroot=bf-blender&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I'll see if there is a '-DDOUBLE' or something that I can add
to that.

Chris

P.S. I can get the msvc solid dll to build and link
with tuhopuu, but everytime I try to play a game with
it, it instantly segfaults. The static solid dll doesn't
seem to want to link with tuhopuu.