[tuhopuu-devel] ready to help

Jean-Luc Peurière tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:16:19 +0200

Le 10 avr. 04, à 01:43, trip a écrit :

> Aww osx ! .... How about makeing a true cocoa open dialog ?

Short answer : no.
Longer one : Blender devs, so far have taken great care to use
			as little specific platform code as possible.
			This permitt to avoid  many platform
			dependant bugs (some are unavoidable but
			can usualy be tackled out in the general code).
			Adding mac specific stuff is not an option if we
			can avoid it.
			Only option to have a cocoa look would mean
			rewrite a large portion of the GUI code so that's
			 it is themable and still use common sources
			(ie, like QT). That's not a small project, and in
			my opinion even not advisable.

			My contribution in this area would be to supress
			mac oddities, not adding new ones ;)

> Or fullscreen mode. or mergeing Breve into Blender ...
> http://www.spiderland.org/breve/ That would be super neat !

Problem here is more the reverse. Even if the CLI is cross-platform,
the editor is not and mac specific. More important this has its own
language when we have python for this sort of thing.

Check Harkyman massive clone WIP for a roughly similar (but more
limited in its goals) blender python script. it could be certainly
expanded in this direction if you need it.

--
Jean-luc