[tuhopuu-devel] tuhopuu2 and VC 2003 compile errors

tuhopuu-devel@blender.org tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 07:04:38 -1100 (SST)

Hello,

I posted this on blender.org->Forums->Coding Blender, but perhaps this
list is a better choice.

I successfully downloaded the tuhopuu2 module from CVS. It's at the
same level as the bf-blender module checkout so the libraries should
work for either. There did not seem to be a tuhopuu or a tuhopuu1; I
assumed tuhopuu2 is the default development module. Is this correct?

When I go through the same procedure as for bf-blender (set the
compiler variables, cd to d:\blender\tuhopuu2, and type scons) it
results in the following messages:

scons: Reading SConscript files . . .
Using config file: config.opts
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: *** Do not know how to make target 'blender'. Stop.

I edited the config.opts file and set the gameengine build to 'false',
but otherwise I haven't touched the CVS files. At the end of this
thread,

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3071&highlight=scons+tuhopuu

it looks like scons should be working for tuhopuu2. Has something
changed?

I next tried the Visual C project files. Under
tuhopuu2/projectfiles/blender, there are two files: blender.dsp and
blender.dsw, both dated March 8 2004. I opened blender.dsw and
confirmed the change to VC 2003 (the existing files are VC 6).

The BKE_blenkernel project is the top of the list and is highlighted.
I told it to build and received a series of 35 of the following
errors:

D:\blender\tuhopuu2\source\blender\blenkernel\intern\texture.c(4:
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'MEM_guardedalloc.h': No
such file or directory
D:\blender\tuhopuu2\source\blender\blenkernel\intern\world.c(3: fatal
error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'MEM_guardedalloc.h': No such
file or directory
D:\blender\tuhopuu2\source\blender\blenkernel\intern\writeavi.c(46):
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'MEM_guardedalloc.h': No
such file or directory

What is the current recommended method for building tuhopuu2 under
Visual C++ 2003? VC project files would be great; it would allow me to
use VC's debugging tools.

Thanks,

Eliot