[tuhopuu-devel] UVEditor suggestions

malefico andauer tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:44:21 -0300 (ART)

I'm following very excited the way development on
UVEditor is going on.
I have a couple of suggestions/feature requests for
the people working on this to consider.

1- Face/Vertex select mode indication: besides the
ideas you are handling about using icons, it could be
done by hiding all vertices and keeping only the edges
when in face select mode, and showing them up again
when in vertex mode. A hotkey for changing modes is
definetely needed (maybe "F" ?).

2- Keyboard input for scaling/translating axis
selection. I mean, if I want to scale in Y, avoid the
frantic_click_while_dragging system, and let the user
just hit the X or Y key.

3- New Image in Image menu. I think I've already
annoyed people about this, but some weirdos DO create
texture paint from scratch and not only use it for
retouching (mind you !), and I don't think ot would
too hard to implemement (considering what you have
done so far...). It could be like NewFile from Gimp,
asking teh user for XY resolution, and background
colour, that's it.

Well, keep up the good work !

malefico.

Los mejores usados y las más tentadoras