[tuhopuu-devel] Ik rig bug

Chris Want tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 22:08:31 -0600

Hello,

The problem is that your rig has a few unnecessary
weight groups for which there are no cooresponding bones
(for example Bone.001 which has verts that are in the
right-hand chest area of the model). When the auto-ik
creates new bones it tries to give it a unique name
... when it finds that the bone name Bone.001 is unused
it uses it for a new bone name. This then causes the unwanted
deformation.

So to avoid this in the future:

1) delete unused weight groups
2) give your bones meaningful names so you can better
keep track of the bones and cooresponding groups.

BTW: a handy new tool for debugging there problems: if you
select a vert in editmode and press 'n' it shows what
groups that vert belongs to.

Chris