[tuhopuu-devel] Small questions...

Chris Want tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:31:28 -0600

> Panic? No, just kidding. :-) Actually, the reason I asked was partly to do with
> my question above about code formatting cleanups. If tuhopuu is to be expired
> (nice word bro! ;) ) soon, then code-formatting is less of something to be
> bothered with so much. Except that, of course, when/if the time comes to
> expirify the current tuhopuu, clean code is easier to sort through to find
> bits needing merging to the new tree.

Please note that expiring tuhopuu is not an official plan
... just one possible scenario to keep us from drifting too
far from bf-blender. Another option is another attempt at
a merge -- maybe time to start nagging LarstiQ again >=D.

> Actually, for the re-fork, perhaps it would be a good plan to go through the
> current tuhopuu while working, and add
>
> /* MONKEYS RULE OOOH OOH OOH! */
>
> /* END MONKEY'S CODE */
>
> or something (perhaps more appros) around any areas of code which
> are parts of new features. Then when the time comes to refork, we can
> take a new bf-blender tree, and an old tuhopuu tree, and go through
> finding all the MONKEY references, and merge those bits across. This
> would save having to remember where everything we change is. :-/

Hrmmm, I'm not sure if marking the code with comments
will be too practical ... there are a lot of
isolated one-liners and I think we would end
up with more 'MONKEYS RULE' than actual code ;).
I wish I could offer a better solution though ...

> Um.. Anyway. I'm just blathering on here not really saying anything
> very much. Sorry!

Not blathering at all ... I think discussions of tuhopuu's
future are becoming more and more important and everybody's
opinion should be considered.

> PS - Is that memleak repeatable for you? I can't get it to happen at all any more...

The real problem is that initbuttons() is getting called
twice here for some reason... the second time it is called
it was overwritting pointers to the icons without first
freeing the storage they were pointing at
... initbuttons() probably shouldn't be called twice.

Chris