[tuhopuu-devel] Small questions...

Daniel Fairhead tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 17:14:49 +0300

> > Oh, and another side-point... How does the tuhopuu tree thinking work?
> > It's purpose to be an experimental fork of the bf-blender tree? And if so,
> > will it ever re-fork so as to keep the code-base the same (porting back and
> > forth every single change and bugfix from and to bf could take a long time).
> > For instance, the comment translations, the INTERNATIONAL changes back
> > to clean code, and so on?
>
> The original goal was to remerge bf-blender back into
> tuhopuu, and a valiant attempt was made by LarstiQ a
> few months ago, but I think this is becoming an
> unweildy task now. My feeling is that at some point
> we will have to expire the tuhopuu tree, and start
> a new fork from bf-blender, porting whatever incomplete
> features over. Any other thoughts on this?

Panic? No, just kidding. :-) Actually, the reason I asked was partly to do with
my question above about code formatting cleanups. If tuhopuu is to be expired
(nice word bro! ;) ) soon, then code-formatting is less of something to be
bothered with so much. Except that, of course, when/if the time comes to
expirify the current tuhopuu, clean code is easier to sort through to find
bits needing merging to the new tree.

Actually, for the re-fork, perhaps it would be a good plan to go through the
current tuhopuu while working, and add

/* MONKEYS RULE OOOH OOH OOH! */

/* END MONKEY'S CODE */

or something (perhaps more appros) around any areas of code which
are parts of new features. Then when the time comes to refork, we can
take a new bf-blender tree, and an old tuhopuu tree, and go through
finding all the MONKEY references, and merge those bits across. This
would save having to remember where everything we change is. :-/

Um.. Anyway. I'm just blathering on here not really saying anything
very much. Sorry!

Thanks for replying,

Dan

PS - Is that memleak repeatable for you? I can't get it to happen at all any more...