[tuhopuu-devel] Last CVS

Nathan Vegdahl tuhopuu-devel@blender.org
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:52:26 -0700

> i compiled the last cvs, after mat editor commit (compiled without
> translate part ), when i try to open blend saved from previous cvs
> tuhopuu crash with Segmentation Fault, append work  but the camera cant
> be imported i think you know this, i read about difference in mat editor
> can be this?

   Yes, that is the issue--well, not *quite*.  I didn't commit the changes
that we were discussing on this list earlier, because I thought of a more
compatable way to do the same thing.  Rather, I made the plugin-parameter
list dynamically allocated.  It is still compatable with non-tuhopuu blend
files, but not with previous tuhopuu blend files that use the alternate
material models.  This is one of the reasons I have specifically asked this
not to be incorperated into the main bf tree yet, because there are going to
be a lot of compatability issues with itself as I am making changes to it.
This is the experimental tree, after all.
   In short, do not use the blinn and toon shader features for projects that
you want to be compatable with later versions of tuhopuu.  I assure you that
once it is incorperated into the main bf tree, however, it will remain
compatable with itself after that point.

--Nathan Vegdahl (Cessen)