[Soc-2018-dev] YimingWu Week 2 Report For NPR Project

n w xp8110 at live.com
Sat May 26 03:59:40 CEST 2018

GSoC Week2 Status

YimingWu

Things have done

1. Snake method algorithm migration almost done. Latest commit has some memory pool issue my be solved this afternoon if I had time.
2. Made a simple UI in the properties panel (under Scene page), can be used to adjust render parameters. I've been told that RNA/Depsgraph is experiencing some modifications and properties can be un-synced but le us see if it got fixed next week.
3. I actually learned about the DRW/GWN/GPU apis and the convenient design makes things a lot easier. And many thanks to the developers who explained the mechanism of them. (also Good job to whoever wrote these codes!)

Next week

1. Make more properties in Snake render avaliable, which are mostly hard-coded currently.
2. Implement an adjustable line-smooth thing.
3. Migrate DPIX algorithm.
4. Also, I may need to figure out a way to export vector data, as many people are expecting.

Quesions

1. Does GPU/DRW support multisample textures? Also if it does support, can transform_to_screen() display it correctly? If not, how do we achieve multisample? By rendering it multiple times or something? Any APIs for doing it?
2. If I'm to implement DPIX in blender I need to know how to 1) access mesh's global-space vertex position and global-space normal (original data prefered). It seems that object drawing code is warpped by batch functions, then do we have functions for accesing these data directly?

Regards,

YimingWu