[Soc-2018-dev] YimingWu's GSoC Week1 Status

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue May 22 12:18:50 CEST 2018

Hi YimingWu,

> Will also adapt the BGL APIs.

What do you mean by that?

--

Also, I can answer some of your questions:

> 1. I currently added offline NPR rendering stuff as a
"source/blender/bf_line_render" project, or shall I put it under extern?

You can put it on //source/blender/draw. Either way, definitively not
extern. Extern is for 3rd party libraries.

> 2. Is it okay to mess around realtime NPR stuff in eevee's code or
something or shall I create a separate project?

Realtime NPR lines shouldn't be restrict to EEVEE only. I see it more like
grease-pencil. Where internally it works as an engine that is overlaid on
top of render engines (Cycles, EEVEE, ...). Check the `greasepencil-object`
branch for implementation details. Basically it is integrated with the
draw-manager.

Cheers,
Dalai
--