[Soc-2018-dev] Weekly Report #5 - Further Development for Cycles' Volume Rendering

Geraldine Chua chua.gsk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 08:47:40 CEST 2018

Unfortunately, between a sudden workload spike at my internship (since it
was my final week there), packing, moving out of my dorm, and travelling
home, I am sorry to say that I did not have much time this week to get a
lot of work done. In fact, I am writing this report having just arrived
back home last night. Luckily, my internship is now finished, so from now
on I can dedicate myself (mostly) full time to this project.

What I have managed to do this week:

* Some reading on OpenVDB (structure, cookbook, etc.) and writing some
simple scripts to test my build of it.
* Some reading on how OpenVDB is used as an alternative to the point cache
for the domain
* Built Blender with OpenVDB activated. Unfortunately, using OpenVDB
changes the output of all my test renders and I haven't had the time to
figure out how to make the color attribute work again.

With my internship over, hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to
catch up with the schedule in my original proposal. Next week's to-dos are
mostly the same as last week's.