[Soc-2017-dev] Five students passed!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Sep 8 15:12:02 CEST 2017

Hi,

All five students who made it to the 2nd midterm now have successfully completed the GSoC.
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2017

Congrats!

A coder's job is never done though. We hope you stick around and keep working on your GSoC or find other exciting projects to contribute to. Check on 2.8 for example!

As for merging in master: we currently are still busy getting the 2.79 release out. Most of the core team's attention goes there. Then there's the 2.8 project getting traction as well, taking a lot of attention from everyone.

That means that final reviews of the GSoC projects (as for many other branches and patches) likely will not be done very soon. Expect this to take months.

At some moment this year the 2.8 branch and 'master' will merge as well. We didn't plan this yet.
The GSoC branches probably should be merged before, not after that. Is on the agenda to keep track of.

Laters,

-Ton-