[Soc-2017-dev] Final evaluation of Ellwood Zwovic's work

dr. Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at blender.studio
Tue Sep 5 10:49:26 CEST 2017

Hey list,

We have decided to pass Ellwood for his GSoC project. Congrats Ellwood!

It was a tough decision, though. Not everything is working properly yet,
but we felt that it wouldn't be right to fail Ellwood given the amount
of work he put into the project in the past weeks.

He did promise to keep working on the package manager after GSoC. Even
though this hasn't impacted the evaluation (we can't pass someone on a
promise), we're glad that he wants to stick around. To accept the
package manager into the master branch, I think the minimum requirements
would be:

  * Change the author of the commits from "gandalf3" to "Ellwood
    Zwovic", as requested by Ton (see
    https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/soc-2017-dev/2017-July/000064.html).
  * Fix the outstanding issues described in
    https://developer.blender.org/T52570
  * Make a new video that shows how to use the package manager
  * Create a patch for final code review.

Cheers,

--
Sybren A. Stüvel