[Soc-2017-dev] Git branch names

Sergey Sharybin sergey at blender.org
Tue May 30 15:37:14 CEST 2017

Hey everyone,

For the branch names please use the following template: soc-2017-<feature>,
where <feature> is the most significant part of your GSoC proposal.

For example, if the project is about fluid system improvement, good branch
name would be: soc-2017-fluid.

In order to create a branch:

1. Check out to your local branch: git checkout soc-2017-my_awesome_project
2. Do all work you want to do there.
3. Commit the work to local branch: git commit
4. Push changes to our main repository: git push origin
soc-2017-my_awesome_project

if you aren't sure about any steps, please ask us in IRC.

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin