[Soc-2017-dev] Git access for development

Sergey Sharybin sergey at blender.org
Mon May 29 16:53:55 CEST 2017

Hi,

Think it makes sense to mail this information everyone at once, so it is
all well documented and known by all students.

In order to have commit access to out Git repository you need to have
developer.blender.org account. Once you've got that, you can request Git
access by poking me or other core developers in IRC.

Once your account is added to committers on developer.blender.org you'll
need to generate RSA key and upload it to your profile. After few minutes
you'll have commit access to Git!

Details of how to generate and upload RSA key you'll find by following
first link from below.

There are couple of useful links:

- https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Tools/Git
- https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/New_Committer_Info

Don't hesitate to ask question regarding Git in our IRC!

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin