[Soc-2017-dev] The class of 2017 :)

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat May 27 16:58:10 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

Start is next week! Three things to carefully check on:

1) Mentors: don't forget to contact your student. Check if all's OK.

2) Students: create a homepage in wiki and copy the proposal there.
Here is a good example: https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sebbas/GSoC_2017

3) Students: you should have git access now too. I guess most of you will create a branch of 2.78c.
If you need help with that, visit irc and ask one of the regulars.

4) Everyone: make sure the students know about your interest in their work. Artists are important in the process.

In general: goal of the first week(s) of coding is to revise or update the proposal and make sure there's a full understanding on the work you will do and planning for it.

We also expect a Friday report, EACH WEEK! Also when you didn't do anything.
Formatting for the report I will send next week.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands