[Soc-2017-dev] The class of 2017 :)

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu May 18 16:09:16 CEST 2017

Hi students,

Just to summarise, these are the students and the mentors.
Note: for mailing lists we always use the real names of people, with optional nick names.

1) Sebastian Barschki (Sebbas), Fluids.
Mentors: Nils Thuerey, Ton Roosendaal

2) Darshan Kadu, Vertex Paint
Mentor: Howard Trickey

3) Rohan Rathi, Normal editing
Mentors: Bastien Montagne, Howard Trickey

4) Ellwood Zwovic (Gandalf), Python package manager
Mentors: Sybren Stüvel, Mitchell Stokes

5) Raja Kumar Kedia, sculpting tools
Mentors: Tom Musgrove, Sergey Sharybin

6) Sebastian Witt, sculpting
Mentors: Tom Musgrove, Sergey Sharybin

We have one dropout... Mikhail (implicit skinning) decided to accept an internship elsewhere, he forgot to notify Google of this. Mikhail offered to work on this after the summer nevertheless.

Tom Musgrove made this wiki dashboard page (thnx!):
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2017

This is still the bonding period, in two weeks time (30 May) the GSoC period starts.
As start we'd like to ask every student to copy their proposal fully to our wiki, on their personal pages, and add a link to the dashboard. Sergey and Bastien can hand out accounts for wiki! Ask them in irc :)

Oh yes, we use IRC! get a client (XChat) and connect to irc.freenode.net, channel #blendercoders.
Easy to use, very fast. And an open system.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands