[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #03 - Vertex Painting Improvement.

Darshan kadu darsh7807 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 21:09:01 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

Here are the updates of the third week.

*What I did this week:*

I finished the implementation of the accumulation for vertex painting.

Icons of the additional blend modes are the standard icon for now.

I started working doing vertex mask selection. Went through how it is
implemented in weight paint, it was pretty similar at vertex paint also. I
implemented the vertex mask selection.

The next task I started is non-occluded painting. I have one approach for
this task. I want to select all the vertices which are in the brush the
radius and irrespective of their visibility. If I select vertices in this
manner then I can achieve this goal.I am discussing this approach with my
mentor and blender artists.

 *What I plan to do next week:*

I have to finalize the method for non-occluded painting and implement it.

I will be asking to blender users more about the improvement areas in the
vertex painting, BA thread has many good suggestions about this!

Thank you,
Darshan Kadu