[Soc-2017-dev] Daily Report - Jul 20 - Package Manager

Ellwood Zwovic gandalf3 at blendermonkey.com
Fri Jul 21 11:31:06 CEST 2017

Today I exposed the uninstall operator and restructured the code a bit.
Now installing and uninstalling packages more or less works, but not all
corner cases are completely handled yet.

However, I ran into an issue with blender's requests module missing the
idna module. I talked to artok on IRC about this earlier, and it seems
to be only an issue on my setup. It magically went away a little later,
and just now magically returned. I've been running blender on python 3.6
(since that's what archlinux is on), but I've set up a 3.5 virtualenv
and I'm still getting it:

 >>> import requests
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<blender_console>", line 1, in <module>
   File
"/home/gandalf3/dev/blender/build/bin/2.78/python/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/__init__.py",
line 98, in <module>
     from . import packages
   File
"/home/gandalf3/dev/blender/build/bin/2.78/python/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/packages.py",
line 7, in <module>
     locals()[package] = __import__(package)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'idna'

So I didn't get to setting up a repository and docs today.

Tomorrow's plan:
Continue troubleshooting idna issue, resume yesterday's plan.