[Soc-2017-dev] Weekly Report #13 - Package Manager

Ellwood Zwovic gandalf3 at blendermonkey.com
Sat Aug 26 12:22:56 CEST 2017

Hi,
Here's my report for the final week:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Gandalf3/GSoC_2017/Reports#Week_13

== Week 13 ==

What I did this week:

* Moved code out of addon and into scripts/startup and scripts/modules.
This involved more modifications than I expected. For instance, I used a
global to store a definitive list of all packages. I didn't really like
this to begin with, and splitting operators and panels into separate
modules broke it. I worked around it by moving the global to a commonly
accessible module, but I'm still not sure this is ideal.
* Wrote
[https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Gandalf3/GSoC_2017/User_Documentation
user documentation] (no pictures yet, as the UI may change)
* Observed solar eclipse (okay, that wasn't on the TODO, but it was
pretty spectacular)

=== Plans for next week ===

Final presentation, continue shrinking TODO (but save larger changes for
after the final)

Just in case anyone is interested, here are some eclipse photos (I know
Ton specifically requested some ;)
https://i.stack.imgur.com/xWWBx.jpg
http://i.stack.imgur.com/T7RDL.jpg