[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly report #10 - Layer Manager

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 04:07:41 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Here's my report from week #10, as usual, you can also find it on my
wiki page: https://goo.gl/Ag2Y2y

What I did this week:
* Continued working on patch to split off local view from layer
visibility bits, turned out to be more work than I hoped :S However,
even if this is dragging a bit, I realize this will make future layer
work much easier. Rough progress:
  ** Committed initial patch to branch
  ** Increased max number of local views from 8 to 32
  ** Make a big chunk of Blender use the new system (including Blender
Internal and viewport)
  ** Added compatibility for old local view system
* Continued review and committed a bunch of changes for Grease Pencil
V2 patch (D2115).
* Found quite a few bugs in master while working on local view and
GPencil: Fixed 3, have fixes ready for 2 more (want to check with
other devs first), investigated & reported one (T48951) and found nice
DNA bug :) (didn't investigate yet)

Next Week:
Same as last week.
* Finish local view split patch (shouldn't take much longer - mainly
need to replace usage of old system now).
* Finish code design overview doc.
* Freeze design details (= make decisions!). Couldn't really do last
week as my mentor has been at Siggraph.
* Continue updating old code for new system (will try to deprecate
Scene.base completely).
* If time allows it, start adding visibility bits as layer property.

Cheers,
- Julian -