[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #10 - Bezier curve improvements

João Araújo jaraujo98 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 00:48:13 CEST 2016

Hi all,

this week I successfully implemented the offset operator. It works fine in
2 dimensions, and also gives nice results in three dimensions. The offset
distance can be controlled using a slider that appears on the tool shelf
once the operator is called. I tried to link the offset distance to mouse
movement, but ultimately reached the conclusion that the code will have to
be refactored in order for that to be possible.

After implementing the offset operator, I went ahead and implemented the
Batch Extend operator I talked about in previous emails. I thought that
applying the original extend operator to the selected vertices would do,
but found out that that approach didn't work when both endpoints of a curve
were selected. This resulted in some duplicated code, which I hope I can
have some time to fix before the end of GSoC.

For next week I plan to implement the fillet and chamfer operator. I will
try to get these implemented as fast as I can, in order to move to the
Uniform UV calculation. I might need some help on that final objective,
since I don't think I will have time to get a good understanding of the
inner works of UV calculation by myself (though I am pretty sure about the
cause of the distortion).

Best regards,
João Araújo