[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #09 - Layer Manager

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:25:03 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Here's my report for week #9, as usual, you can also find it on my
wiki page: https://goo.gl/XxStvg

Exam preparations took most of the time again. One more to come on
Monday, then I can go back to work full steam on Blender.

What I did this week:
* Started creating a rough code design overview doc
(https://goo.gl/Ivn7nz). Already got feedback from my mentor for it.
* Continued working on patch to split off local view from layer
visibility bits. Wanted to finish today but found two crashes in
master that I needed to fix first.
* Reviewed first half of Grease Pencil V2 patch (https://goo.gl/dLWSJw).

Next Week:
Mostly same as last week...
* Finish local view split patch.
* Finish code design overview doc.
* Freeze design details (= make decisions!).
* Continue updating old code for new system (will try to deprecate
Scene.base completely).
* If time allows it, start adding visibility bits as layer property.

Cheers,
- Julian -