[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #06, Cycles Images

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sun Jul 3 23:15:01 CEST 2016

Hi,
here my report for week 6.
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/GSoC_2016/Weekly_Reports/Week6

= Week 6 =

== What I did this week ==

==== Memory UI Feedback ====
This week I talked with Severin in IRC about where to place the Cycles
memory information. We both are unsure about this. Severin rather wants
to kick the Info Space at some point, I think a dedicated Logging Editor
is too much and the Properties Editor seems to be the wrong place for
this. I would appreciate some feedback on this.

I will improve the console logging next week, so we have some more
information there at least, until I know where to put all of this into
Blenders UI.

==== Half Textures ====
Still no luck with Half Textures on CUDA. This starts to annoy me. Will
focus on CPU only for now and improve half support there.

==== Other tasks ====
* Fixed part of T48720, OpenCL not taking Extend and Clip image texture
extensions into account.
* Update install_deps.sh to use new OSL 1.7.3, which fixes a crash on 32
bit systems.

== Next week ==
I need to talk with my mentor Ton and Cycles developer Sergey about my
schedule and the remaining work. The past 2 weeks were pretty
unproductive and I am pretty much stressed out with University and
upcoming exams. I can work fulltime in the the last 2 GSoC weeks in
August, in case I cannot get enough things done now in July.

Best regards,
Thomas