[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #6

Nathan Vollmer bitinat2 at isu.edu
Sun Jul 3 09:23:19 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

This week I did the following,

   - I fixed a bug with the undo operator in vertex painting. I didn't
   fully understand how the undo mechanic worked in blender until this week,
   where I discovered my "sculpt session" struct was being free'd, along with
   all my map data. I added a check to see if the sculpt session or the maps
   are free'd, and if they are, then initialize them again. This makes
   undo'ing, and then drawing initially a little slower since the maps need to
   be recreated, but it's not a significant slow down and is better than the
   alternative.
   - I got mirrored painting working. (see gif below) I took a day or two
   to figure out how python/C interop works, and then I added some toggles and
   some sliders for mirrored painting. Everything works fundamentally the same
   as sculpt mode.
   - http://i.giphy.com/l46CfiSlAJe36IexG.gif

Next week,

   - I'll be adding the pbvh painting technique to weight paint mode.
   - I'll be adding mirroring options to weight paint mode as well.
   - I'll be implementing many of the "weight tools" in the tools menu.

-Nate