[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #13, Mantaflow Liquids

Sebastián Barschkis sebbas at sebbas.org
Sun Aug 21 01:02:47 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

last week and last GSoC report. As usual, everything is in the wiki:

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sebbas/GSoC_2016/Reports/Week_13

= Week 13 =

=== What's been done ===

* I mostly refactored and cleaned up the code. Especially in the Mantaflow
script I was able to remove duplicate code.

* I've finally added a field to control the gravity which is used across the
Mantaflow scripts. The field in the UI is similar to the one from Elbeem (use
scene gravity if enabled, otherwise use given value).

* Now there is also a field to control the amount of particles in the scene.

* External forces where already working for smoke. Now I also got them to work
for liquids.

* With the help of some feedback and test scenes (thanks zeauro and Gottfried!)
I was able to fix some bugs (e.g. the viewport switch was disabled for baked
scenes. Fixed that!)

* The documentation is now available in the wiki:
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sebbas/GSoC_2016/Documentation

=== Next up ===

* I have another GIF that I would like to add to the documentation.

* Spend some time in the chat to report back on bug fixes.

* If you have problems with the build, contact me :) I'll do my very best to
help you with the setup!

* I have received multiple requests for a Linux build. It would probably make
sense to setup a build bot for that. If that doesn't work some reason, I'll just
upload one of my own builds.

=== Questions ===

* How does the Blender build bot work? (I'll do some research and then poke you
guys on IRC)

Best wishes,
Sebastián