[Soc-2016-dev] [soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #13, Multiview Reconstruction

Tianwei Shen shentianweipku at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 10:14:00 CEST 2016

Hi all,

This week I mainly did some maintenance work of my project. I did some tests from users’ perspectives. Then I fixed the limitation of camera size, which is previously 2. The current multi-view module can work with more than 2 cameras now, though more tests are needed.

Another big part is the documentation. I wrote a blog post about my work this summer. You can access it at http://hlzz.github.io/blender3/ <http://hlzz.github.io/blender3/>, which sort of serves as both the code documentation and the user documentation. I have also set up a user documentation page at wiki.blender.org <http://wiki.blender.org/>. You can have a look at https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Tianwei37/User_Documentation <https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Tianwei37/User_Documentation>. But the wiki page has some limitations on the image size. So I recommend reading my high-resolution blog post. Besides, I have also made a short video to demonstrate the workflow. You can watch it here: https://youtu.be/aZlu_Q5z7i8 <https://youtu.be/aZlu_Q5z7i8>.

Though there may still some changes happening in the UI or the solver, the basic function should be roughly stable. Feel free to ask me questions or give me feedbacks. Thanks.

Thanks,
Tianwei