[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #12, Cycles Images

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sun Aug 14 19:24:14 CEST 2016

Hi,

here my report for week 12:

https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/GSoC_2016/Weekly_Reports/Week12

= Week 12 =

== What I did this week ==

==== Half Float Support ====
* I finished CUDA support. Thanks to Sergey for finding one error
(insufficient allocation of the bindless mapping) this is finished now
and I commited it to master, together with some code cleanup.
({{GitCommit|rB5ac7ef873b7b}}, {{GitCommit|rB9d236ac06c2b}})

* The Smoke/Fire part isn't finished yet, but I have some WIP code that
I can commit to my branch soon.
==== Statistics ====
* I talked with Sergey in IRC, and he doesn't agree on the HTML/XML
proposal, but would rather see the info in Blenders UI. I will open a
design task for this tomorrow, to gather feedback from the UI team.

== Next week ==
* Since master is frozen now, and we work towards the 2.78 release, I
will work in my branch now and finish half float support there. On top
of that I will work on the statistics UI inside of Blender.

* As GSoC comes to an end, I will write end user documentation for all
the things that I added.

== Questions ==
None atm.

Best regards,