[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Update #11 PBVH painting

Nathan Vollmer bitinat2 at isu.edu
Sat Aug 6 07:51:05 CEST 2016

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the late update. My gif recorder wasn't working right and I had
to find another tool.

This week:
I added smudge mode to both vertex painting and weight painting. Here's a
gif: http://giphy.com/gifs/painting-blender-smudge-3o7TKwKAAXmsnDzucE

I added advanced splash prevention. Volumetric painting inherently does a
little splash prevention, but I added some code which uses normals to avoid
painting back faces. Here's a gif:
http://giphy.com/gifs/painting-blender-splash-prevention-3o7TKrM3yWN45PrnTq

I added back in spray support for weight paint. Before, wpaint always
'sprayed'. Now it can be toggled off. Here's a gif:
http://giphy.com/gifs/3d-painting-blender-3o6ZsZW5cUHOTBnjgs

Today I attempted to get spray support added back to vertex paint, although
I have a bug I can't seem to figure out...

Next week:
I want to add a 'fill' button, which paints the entire mesh with the
selected color. This tool could be used with face selection masking to
speed up painting specific selections.

I'm going to start working on documentation on the wiki page, and start
cleaning up my code. I might also start a review task on pharicator.

Let me know if you have any questions,
-Nate