[Soc-2016-dev] Weekly Report #11 - Bezier curve improvements

João Araújo jaraujo98 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 18:24:57 CEST 2016

Hi all,

this week I implemented the fillet and chamfer operators. I also managed to
get all my operators to interact with the mouse, but I couldn't get them to
interact with keyboard input, so I decided to drop the whole idea of
interactivity until I can get someone to explain me how to handle keyboard
input (as in the Grab, Rotate and Scale operators).

With these operators implemented, I decided to do some bug fixing on my
previously implemented operators. The Extend and Trim operators should be
bug free by now.

However, during this process, and also while studying the code to
understand how to implement the uniform UV calculation, I discovered that
my operators are somehow damaging the splines they are executed on. The
result of this damage is that these splines don't render a few components,
such as the normals or bevelling. To get an idea, do the following

1. Add a curve.
2. Set "Extrude" to 1.0
3. Add some points.
4. Select one point.
5. Using Space Bar search, select chamfer.

After many hours of debugging and studying the other curve operators, I
still haven't succeeded in figuring out what the problem is.

For the next week, my plan is to start (and hopefully finish) the uniform
UV calculation. Regardless of this objective, I also plan to spend a lot of
time fixing bugs and memory leaks.

Best regards,
João Araújo