[Soc-2014-dev] Weekly Report #2 Shape Key Enhancements

Grigory Revzin revzingg at gmail.com
Fri May 30 17:14:02 CEST 2014

Hello everyone

This was an academically tough week, but I've managed to clear the next
week for half-time work and two weeks after that for (almost) full time
gsoc!

This week:
- Still struggling with making editmode mixing work, didn't have time to
finish it, but almost there now.
- Caught a crash in hashing if an edge didn't have any faces
- From a disussion with an artist a decision was made to implement
compression of shape key data on disk save by storing only the vertices
that have changed their positions in a given keyblock

Problems:
- Shape keys on linked data aren't accessible from the UI and this needs to
be sovled. Is this a deep problem that I can add into gsoc targets?
- Is there a standard way to profile Blender code for time?

Thanks,
Grigory
--
Г. Г. Ревзин