[Soc-2014-dev] Weekly Report #9 Cycles

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Fri Jul 18 23:09:57 CEST 2014

Hi,
here my report for week 9:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/GSoC_2014/Weekly_Reports/Week9

Best regards,
Thomas

= Week 9 =

== What I did this week ==
I had my last exams this week, therefore could only really work on Friday.

* Commited the volume bug fix for T40987 (e35845d37cd9)
* Code cleanup (85c7fce3de98)
* Updated bmw test file and added a test file for deformation motion
blur. https://developer.blender.org/rBL61377

* Looked into optimizations for ray_triangle_intersect_uv() and matrices
using SSE code today, could not get a speedup yet. It's annoying that we
cannot use the ssef Embree helpers in that code (util_math,
util_transform..), can this be fixed? Some include fixes / reshuffles
are probably needed.

* The usual bug tracker maintenance (check on reports, close
invalid/fixed ones...)

== Next week ==
I am back full speed next week. Will talk with Sergey about plans. Still
have to finish 2 optimisations from my deliverables list.

== Questions ==
None.