[Soc-2014-dev] Weekly Report #11 BGE Cleanup & Support

brita britalmeida at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 17:16:15 CEST 2014

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Brita/GSoC_BGE_cleanup_and_support/reports/week11

== This Week ==

   - I read about physics for game engines using these references:
   - Game Engine Architecture by Jason Gregory -
      http://www.gameenginebook.com/
      - Real-Time Collision Detection by Christer Ericson -
      http://realtimecollisiondetection.net/
      - Game Physics Engine Development: How to Build a Robust
      Commercial-Grade Physics Engine for your Game Paperback by Ian
Millington -
      http://procyclone.com/

and summed up most of what I read here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Brita/GSoC_BGE_cleanup_and_support/doc/physics
(still
work in progress)

   - Started working on the physics demo files.
   - Still collecting feedback for the slowparent/constraint proposal.
   - My branch is mostly reviewed, with some issues on the scenegraph
   cleanup part. https://developer.blender.org/D680

'''General Development'''
:None
'''Fixed (Reported)'''
:None
'''Fixed (Unreported)'''
:None
'''Closed / Archived / Invalid'''
*{{BugReport|38030}} - KX_PolyProxy has incorrect getVertexIndex results

Total: 0 fixed, 1 closed

== Next Week ==

   - more physics, physics documentation and demo files.