[Soc-2014-dev] Weclome to the GSoC 2014 developer list

Grigory Revzin revzingg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 23:42:30 CEST 2014

Hello all, hello Ton!

I'm Grigory Revzin, with the shape keys enhancements project, revzin
at irc. I'm going to look at a lot of different shapekey-related code,
clean up and finally create a new UI that makes it easier to create
shape key-based facial rigs.

I've placed a link to a  live version of my design document derived
from the proposal in my personal userspace. There is a nice table that
explains why I do a really useful thing. :)
http://revzin.net/files/dropzone/shapes_ddoc.pdf
(I love TeX :)

The thing that motivated me to do this is my hobby: once I prepared
the Elizabeth model from Bioshock Infinite for use in Source Filmmaker
and created a pretty complicated facial rig for it. After it I thought
that some things could be made easier in Blender... :)

I'm hardly working to get a clean design document from my proposal
right now. There are some tricky things regarding the UI - the way it
should work doesn't fall well within how UI in blender ususally works,
but I'm on it.

Me and Bastien are going to discuss the design details in the weekend,
and I'm going to place the task on Phabricator on Sunday. I'm hoping
the design will be OK after the 9th of May and I could start coding
faast!

I love to see so much diversity in the projects, Blender truly is a
mystery: 3DS Max/Maya, Game Maker, AfterFX, a serious renderer, and
more, in just 50 MB. ;)

Good luck to everyone!
- Grigory

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 10:39 PM, brita <britalmeida at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am Inês Almeida (not Inez!, thought that would be valid english spelling),
> the nick is brita_ at irc, and @brita_pt at twitter.
> I have the BGE cleanup project.
> I am really looking forward for this project that in short will be about
> tackling the large amount of bugs and unreviewed patches, tidying up some
> areas and document everything that is to big for a soc project, resulting in
> an updated version of this document:
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Source/GameEngine
>
> I'll be somewhat busy in the next week, but after that I will start getting
> up to speed.
> Meanwhile, I have ported my proposal to the wiki and I have connected to my
> mentor Daniel Stokes and we got along fine (right? ^^)
>
> Looking forward to know more about the rest of you and your proposals,
> Inês Almeida / brita_

Г. Г. Ревзин