[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #14 Motion Tracking

Joseph Mansfield sftrabbit at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 22:59:05 CEST 2013

=This week=

Apologies for the late report, but I figured I'd get most of my
documentation done first since the pencils down date was coming up. My
documentation is on the wiki (with a patch containing most of the code I've
written): http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sftrabbit/GSoC_2013

I finally got bundle adjustment fully working with multiple cameras. It's
something I'd needed to do for a while but had gotten sidetracked from. I
wanted to be able to demonstrate this by the pencils down date, so Keir and
I decided that I should hack together a simple UI for demonstrating it. I
got fairly far into doing this, but hit a brick wall when realising that it
would require massive amounts of refactoring.

I got a bit stressed with the approaching pencils down date and not having
done nearly what I planned to, but I realised it's a pretty artificial
deadline. There's no reason I won't continue my work. Multicamera
reconstruction is definitely something I'd like to see through.

=Next week=

Well technically it's not GSoC any more, but I'd like to keep going. I want
to first finish writing up a document about what big changes need to be
made to support multicamera reconstruction. Then I'd like to instigate
discussions about this with Keir, Sergey, and Blender users. If feasible,
it'd be nice to see my simple UI in action, but right now it's looking like
more effort than it's worth. Better take my time and do it right.