[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #12: Cycles Motion Blur

Gavin Howard gavin.d.howard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 05:44:32 CEST 2013

All,

I have no report this week. After my failings to get enough done, Ton,
Brecht, and I had a conversation by email. We all agreed that I do not have
the skills to carry this project to completion. I decided to voluntarily
withdraw from GSoC to let the developers spend their time on more valuable
pursuits.

I apologize to the community for my failure. I just don't have the capacity
to write code for a renderer yet. However, I will continue to maintain the
branch (handling merges and so forth), and perhaps commit things when I can
find time (school has just started for me). I do that in the hope that
Brecht will be able to use the branch to complete deformation motion blur
with little work in the future.

Once again, I am sorry for my failure. Thank you all for the great summer.

God Bless,
Gavin Howard