[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #11 VSE (Alexandr Kuznetsov)

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Sun Sep 1 12:33:18 CEST 2013

Hi Alex,

> Get correct values at different scene time.

> == Questions ==
> It seems full scene copying is might be worse than simply setting new
> time. Setting time makes sure that the scene has the latest changes.
> For  each next frame , we set scene time, get all values, render
> opengl;
> Then we set time back. (We can copy the scene for final 3D rendering)

If you can make it work, go ahead. But I doubt, that it will work.
(Especially SCENE strips are very tricky and you have to make sure, that
UI drawing isn't affected, making the time cursor jump around etc...)

Also: only make the planner thread, which creates the work buckets, be
dependent on animatable values, or you'll get *really* nasty thread
inter dependency problems. After planning is finished and the buckets
are created, values are fixed within the engine.

And: check using an animated sound strips (volume animation), above a
SCENE strip and a MOVIE strip, to see, that you got it right...

Regards,
Peter
--
Peter Schlaile <peter at schlaile.de>