[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #2 Rigid Body Simulation Improvements

Sergej Reich sergej.reich at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 29 00:13:47 CEST 2013

Turned out to be a short week for me, only had 2 days of blender work.

Worked more on scaling, now the changes are fairly small and work.
However this affects the whole simulation and I'm not yet convinced that
the benefits outweigh the complexity world scaling adds. Need to think
about it, so I'll put it on the side for now.

Experimented with compound shapes. Seems like using blender's parenting
system is the best way of defining them after all.
Ideally users shouldn't care about compounds, so I'd like to avoid
having a "compound" check box like the game engine has.

Next week I'll continue with compound shapes and do a few smaller
things.