[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #2: Cycles Motion Blur

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Fri Jun 28 15:20:30 CEST 2013

Hi Gavin,

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Gavin Howard <gavin.d.howard at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, I was able to do some thinking about the current state of the
> Attribute class. I know about the AttributeStandard enum and two
> options it has called ATTR_STD_MOTION_PRE and ATTR_STD_MOTION_POST.
> Currently, under those, an Attribute only holds one mesh. Based on
> suggestions by Brecht and Stuart, I was thinking of extending those
> two to handle multiple meshes. The reason I want to keep them is that
> steps before the frame need to be treated differently from steps after
> the frame.
..
> Also, I would like current devs to comment on my thoughts for
> extending ATTR_STD_MOTION_PRE and ATTR_STD_MOTION_POST.

I'm not sure what you propose to do exactly, but in my previous mail I
explained how you could extend attributes to store data for multiple
frames. Probably if you do that it doesn't make sense anymore to make
a distinction between PRE and POST, and maybe just store it all in a
single ATTR_STD_MOTION attribute that contains frame before and after
the current frame?

Brecht.