[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly report #2 Cycles nodes

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Fri Jun 28 10:48:02 CEST 2013

Hi,
here my report for week 2:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/GSoC_2013/Weekly_Reports/Week2

= Week 2 =

== What I did this week ==
* I continued work on the Vector Transform node, adding the initial
Cycles implementation. It only works in the OSL backend for now, SVM
implementation is still missing. See my questions below.

* Outside of my GSoC work, I spend some time on trunk and preparations
for the upcoming release (Update OSL to 1.3.2 on Windows, fix some bugs,
going over tracker to confirm/close reports...)

* Apart from that, I focused on exam preparation this week.

== Next week ==
I have an exam on Wednesday, so I will focus on that for half of the
week. I hope to finish the Vector Transform node by the end of next week
though, then I would be finished with the nodes part.

== Questions ==
I am not sure about the Vector Transform SVM implementation yet. The
Cycles todo list mentions, that those matrices are available but I
couldn't identify the correct ones yet. In the KernelCamera struct there
are some Transform data types, like "cameratoworld", also the Camera
struct in /render has some. I figure that in SVM it's not a simple
function call to convert to/from, but I have to use those transform
types. Some hints on that would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Dinges