[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #1 Rigid Body Simulation Improvements

Sergej Reich sergej.reich at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 21 20:23:56 CEST 2013

This week I did mostly small things but didn't get as much done as I
would've liked (I blame the heat).

I Looked into collision shape creation and made a few changes there.
Shapes are now taking deformations into account and mesh shapes do fewer
memory reallocations.

Implemented scaling for the rigid body world, is a bit tricky to get
right, so need to do more tests to see how you'd actually use it in
practice and fix corner cases.

Also added debug drawing, it's a hack but it's convenient for
development and annoying to only have locally.

Next week I plan to continue working on world scaling and add compound
shapes, this will need some restructuring but should also make custom
center of mass for primitive shapes more straight forward to implement.