[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly report #6 Cycles nodes

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Fri Jul 26 18:30:55 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,
here my report for week 6:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:DingTo/GSoC_2013/Weekly_Reports/Week6

= Week 6 =

== What I did this week ==
* I spend some time on the Motion Multiplier feature beginning of the
week, but did not made much progress. See my questions below.

* I started with the Subsurface Scattering Render Passes and commited
that to my branch. UI/DNA/RNA is there and some basic Cycles integration
is there as well. The Subsurface Color Pass already works, need more
time to finish Direct and Indirect Pass still. See my questions there, I
hope Stuart or Brecht can give me some headsup. (Commit 58587)

* In Trunk Cycles, I found a problem with the CMJ sampler, where the
fx/fy value were overridden, there was an else branch missing for the
Sobol case. (Commit 58550)

* I helped Campbell to get the Blender 2.68a update release out
(Download page, Windows builds...)

== Next week ==
* Continue on Motion Multiplier and SSS render passes.

* Maybe Brecht has some time to review my code, so I can merge some of
my changes to trunk already.

== Questions ==
* Still unsure about the Motion Multiplier feature, I asked Stuart for
some help but he wasn't sure what the best method would be to pass the
modified per object shuttertime value to ray->time.

* See my questions in my SSS commit. I think it should be integrated
more like the AO render pass, as I don't think we handle SSS as a
separate ray type?!

Best regards,
Thomas

--