[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #5 Viewport FX

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 14:54:21 CEST 2013

Sorry for the delay, I didn't even realize the sun had some up.  I was in
some kind of programming trance ;-)

This week:

Finally got my source control in order (yay).

Isolated almost all of the non-OpenGL ES symbols and interfaces.  Can
almost compile Blender for OpenGL ES!  This isn't just the "fake GL" work
done last year that replaced large parts of OpenGL with empty stubs, but a
replacement of troublesome functions with abstract interfaces ready to be
implemented by different versions.

Next Week:

What remains is GL_SELECT mode (probably the biggest deprecated feature),
user clipping planes, texture coordinate generation (just spherical
coordinates), and display lists used for dupli.

This list isn't too major (except for selection), so I'll be stubbing it
out to concentrate on testing/debugging my work so I can demonstrate my
progress before the midterm.