[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #5: Cycles Motion Blur

Gavin Howard gavin.d.howard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 22:49:06 CEST 2013

All,

My report is at:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Gdh/GSoC-2013#Weekly_Report_.235:_Cycles_Motion_Blur
.

It is also below.

== Weekly Report #5: Cycles Motion Blur ==

==== What I did this week ====

This week, I put in quite a few commits to start changes heading towards
having multi-step deformation motion blur. This week was much easier than
my other weeks; I felt like I got a lot done. I feel like I got more done
this week than any other week.

I also was in contact with Stuart and Brecht. They answered a lot of my
questions. I understand a lot more now about Cycles' internal architecture
now, which was going to be the most difficult part of the summer. I still
have to tackle the kernel though.

However, that said, I also had a difficult time toward the end of this week
when some things happened in my other life. Everything is returning to
normal, but I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. Again.

==== What I will do next week ====

I will begin making the first changes to the kernel. I will also see if I
can get the export working. I believe if I can get that done, I will be
able to finish the project by the end of the summer.

==== Questions ====

Like I said, I have been in constant contact with Stuart and Brecht over
this week. They have answered all of my questions...for now.

-- Gavin Howard, 19 July 2013