[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #3: Cycles Motion Blur

Gavin Howard gavin.d.howard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 08:14:54 CEST 2013

All,

I am hiding my face from embarrassment right now. Continue reading or
go to http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Gdh/GSoC-2013#Weekly_Report_.233:_Cycles_Motion_Blur
to find out why.

== Weekly Report #3: Cycles Motion Blur ==

==== What I did this week ====

I am not happy right now. I will be the first to admit that I am not a
very experienced programmer, especially when it comes to version
control. It seems that I did a bad merge sometime back because I am
getting compile errors in my branch that I am not getting from trunk.
I ended up basically resetting my branch back to trunk and starting
over. I didn't know what else to do. At this point, I am pretty sure
that I am going to have to spend some time reading the Subversion Red
Book (I believe that's what it is called).

Oh, and to add to that, I had to switch IDE's in the middle of the
week. I switched to QT Creator because KDevelop developed a weird bug
where it crashed on startup no matter what I did. Thankfully, because
of Campbell's information on this wiki, it didn't take ''too'' long.

Yes, I know. I have very little to show for the first three weeks. At
this rate, I am not going to be able to finish the project this
summer. However, I am '''not''' ready to throw in the towel yet. I
won't do that until I fail the midterm or the final, '''if''' I fail
them. But I plan to work as hard and fast as I can to make up the
time. I just hope that nothing else gets in my way.

Anyway, before I had to reset my branch, I started touching all of the
call sites for the AttributeElements I will be using.

==== What I will do next week ====

Pray hard that nothing else goes wrong.

Oh, and I plan to get the Attribute* classes extended for holding more
than one mesh. If I can do that, I will move on to getting the addon
code extended for multi-step export.

==== Questions ====

Do any of the developers know what I might have done wrong in my
merging? I can't figure it out. If there are conflicts, I resolve them
with either "theirs-full" or "theirs-conflict". If there are any
suggestions, please let me know.

-- Gavin Howard, 05 July 2013