[Soc-2013-dev] Weekly Report #10 Toolbar

Vincent Akkermans vincent at ack-err.net
Tue Aug 27 21:48:56 CEST 2013

Hi Sean,

Yeah, of course. Things aren't quite as polished as I would like yet, and there is still an ongoing discussion about whether the top menubar is a good idea or not, but things are moving towards fixing the rough edges rather than doing the groundwork. I just took some short videos:

Video 1 shows some work on the panels (custom panels, grease pencil panel, popup panels, separate redo panel) and the top menubar.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13600154/WIP1.mov

Video 2 shows the mode dependent menubar in edit and object mode.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13600154/WIP2.mov

Video 3 shows the custom menubar icons (text buttons at this point, but imagine they are icons).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13600154/WIP3.mov

Video 4 shows the history stack and operator stack integration which makes it possible to tweak an operator after a redo.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13600154/WIP4.mov

N.B. In all these videos the toolbar is suspiciously empty, but the current panels will be brought back, albeit with a better layout, a bit like in the mockups here (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Ack-err/GSoC_2013/Toolbar_Designs_3). Quite a few of the changes necessary for this have been made (double height buttons, shortcuts on buttons). Also, this new top menubar might end up being just an icon shelf, or it might not even make it in the end.

Vincent