[Soc-2013-dev] Presentations, reconfirming targets

CoDEmanX codemanx at gmx.de
Tue Aug 27 12:53:34 CEST 2013

Fraps is IMO the best on Windows. But better not record the blender
window, but the Aero desktop (basically the entire screen), as Blender
doesn't refresh UI if nothing changed and mouse moves won't be recorded.

VLC is able to record the entire screen, also FFMPEG. Can be tricky to
find good quality settings though, 'cause you get jerky recordings if
you set it too high and your computer can't handle the realtime
encoding. Also note that VLC doesn't support concurrent audio recording,
unless you use a special third-party driver.

Camstudio with lossless codec is pretty good, but you need to encode
gigabytes of video material afterwards, and not every software can
handle that codec. If you can't find the lossless codec on your 64bit
Windows, google for a workaround to fix some registry keys.