[Soc-2013-dev] Presentations, reconfirming targets

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Aug 25 11:35:03 CEST 2013

Hi students,

With 'hard pencil down' deadline in 4 weeks, it's time to schedule a good ending of the GSoC project. I would like to see these two topics handled in the coming week:

1) Progress presentation of work so far

Several students already did - as YouTube* videos or screenshots. That's very useful to do, motivating and inviting for everyone. I want to collect this for code.blender.org blog update, to show the progress to the outside world.

For those who haven't yet, please spend some time on bringing your work up to date in a presentable visual state. If your work is still mostly abstract and can't be 'shown', then check on the next topic - and reschedule your work to be presentable in the shortest possible timeframe.

Make sure your work can be found on your wiki pages, as linked from here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2013

If your docs have other urls, please update the above page!

2) Reconfirm deliverable and/or goals

Planning and reality doesn't always align well. However, after 10 weeks of GSoC you should be able to firmly lock down what you will achieve in the GSoC period, for us (and your mentor) to do the final evaluation for.

Please make sure this week that at least you and your mentor agree on this. If that means some changes in deliverables, communicate that here on the list and put in your wiki.

Thanks,

-Ton-

(* We have a Blender Coders youtube channel. Contact me in private (mail, irc) to get account info)

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute